Vacancy: Workshop Officer – Kakuma
Background: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia.
AAH-I has a long experience of partnering with UNHCR in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia.
Action Africa Help International has been awarded a contract by UNHCR Kakuma to implement logistics and warehouse interventions for the refugee camp.
AAH-I is seeking qualified candidates for the above position:
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Workshop Officer will be responsible for the day to day management of the workshop staff and provide technical guidance on vehicle management and repairs.
S/he will establish and prepare vehicle/diagnosis reports; produce and submit Workshop Monthly Monitoring Reports including relevant analysis and monitor workshop productivity.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or its equivalent.
- Relevant training in administration/asset management.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a comparable position preferably with an INGO.
Skills and Competencies
- Advanced notions in computer literacy / data processing (Word, Excel, Access, Power point)
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be received by 31st August, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.