Position: IT Manager
Nature of job: Full time
No of Positions: 1
Summary: Our client, a prestigious Bank in Nairobi seeks to recruit a dynamic, competent and result oriented IT manager to fill the post named above.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of IT department operations including IT infrastructure, Communication (LAN, WAN, email, etc.), database, backup recovery, regulatory compliance
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT group including downtime, reporting service levels, defining and tracking IT operational metrics and provide status to management
- Maintains overall security of the Banks’ network, systems, and data
- Ensures high availability of critical business systems hosted by the Bank
- Owns and maintains strict controls on data/system backups and recoverability
- Manage staff members in their daily activities as well as supporting business projects
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of staff evaluation and systems support
- Manage overall capacity utilization of Server/hardware environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements
- Contribute to the development of IT departmental strategies to align with the overall business strategy as well as corporate strategy
- Develop and implement hardware and software standards for network, servers, databases, wireless technology, file & print services, etc.
- Develop and implement data retention standards
- Develop and maintain overall backup and recovery strategy (Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity)
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for effective delivery of services and compliance with regulatory guidance
- Establish and implement ‘best-practice’ standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Overall responsibility for leasing and strategic planning for system upgrades
- Determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, server hardware, network equipment, desktop, laptop, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience with 3 years as IT manager in a bank
- Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco/VMware technologies are a requirement
- Must have good understanding of user environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc.
- Must have a good familiarity with other IT Infrastructure technologies like storage area networks (SAN), WAN acceleration devices, virtualization, and data warehouse
- Must have proven management skills with the ability to mentor staff members
- Must have good people skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Must take a lead role as an IT manager and act as a go-to person for the Bank’s business units and IT management when it comes to IT infrastructure technologies supporting both projects and
- Must build/maintain and manage a strong infrastructure team that is capable of supporting the Bank’s dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong technical background and hands-on experience surrounding IT Infrastructure technologies (especially technologies like Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, Cisco, MSSQL
- databases, etc.)
- Must be a champion for pushing IT standards, procedures, policies, and best practices to the infrastructure team
If you meet the above qualifications, please send CV urgently to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.