Our client, the largest distributor for Household and Electronics products in the region, is seeking to recruit Cashier to join their dedicated team in Nairobi
Reporting to: Showroom Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cash float daily
- Account for cash, cheques, credit card and vouchers daily summary
- Produce Daily Cashier Summary to account for days transactions
- Filling of daily documents produced
- Preparation of daily banking slips for cheques collected during the day, separate deposit slips for those on account
- Directing Customers entering the Showroom
- Keeping the counter area clean, clearing of all papers
- Feeding necessary details into the system, to keep the records updated at all times.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Superior.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% accuracy in maintaining cash
- 100% keenness to capture fraud through cheques and credit cards
- All documents filed daily
- Updating records in the system done daily.
5. Living the company’s Values
- Good customer service skills
- In-depth knowledge of operating cash register and maintaining cash drawer
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy retail environment
- Proven record of processing exact and efficient sale and return transactions
- Dedicated and meticulous—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer: Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum college diploma in accounting
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘CASHIER’ on the subject line by 12th August, 2016.
Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.