Title: Credit Manager
A company in Nairobi is looking to hire a Credit Manager who will be responsible for delivering targeted performance for the Credit Control Department and undertake bad debt management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the company adheres to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters so as to maintain good customer relations.
- Be responsible for Team motivation, performance review and provide leadership to the Credit Control Department
- Effectively manage account/invoice disputes, both internally and externally and ensure that disputes are resolved without undue delay
- Drive collection & strategy planning of debt control, particularly mitigate spill over of debt past the set period
- Ensure the appropriate accounting and allocation of receipts and provide the underlying detail for bad debts and revenue reserves.
- Enforces the company’s credit policy and ensure that the set standards are strictly adhered to
- Proactively drive improvements in business processes and procedures, e.g. invoicing, follow up, and query/dispute management
- Manage the credit assessment process; ensuring that customers have appropriate credit limits and that these are reviewed constantly
- Spearhead escalations and ensure prompt stop service on inactive accounts
- Work proactively with Billing, Customer Services, Sales, Legal and major clients to solve issues, manage collections and customer escalations.
- Actively manage and attain reduction of company bad debt provision as per set KPIs
- Improve company cash cycle and enhance cash conversion as per KPIs
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum degree in a business field acquired from a reputable university.
- Professional diploma course in Credit Management (Certified Credit Professional K is preferred) CPA K will also be considered
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection, and business risk management Preferably gained from the service industry
- Good customer and negotiation skills
- Effective hands-on manager able to lead a team of not less than 10 members of staff
- Result oriented, energetic go getter ready to face new challenges
- Ability to travel to the branch network and to meet out of town key customers occasionally.
- Ability to meet with defaulting customers and ensure ultimate conversion
- A good business understanding of the country.
- Good communication skills, superior computer skills and driving experience of over 5 years.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Credit Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 9th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.