1. Cost Management
- Assist the Associate Advocate in managing the allocated legal files stock and ensure that the targets set by the Law Firm and the Company on settlement of claims and closure of files is achieved within the set timelines.
- Assist the Associate Advocates in the pursuit of our costs for dismissed or adjourned matters by preparing correspondences or applications for decree/certificate of costs within Fourteen (14) days of delivery of the judgment or ruling.
2. Pleadings and Management of Legal Files
- Receive and verify the correctness the documents and data posted at intimation.
- Acknowledge and receive in the system all incoming correspondences and claim documents and filing them in the appropriate Legal files
- Assist the Associate Advocate in the execution of the Company’s instructions to the Law Firm by ensuring that the Memorandum of Appearance and any other preliminary pleadings or correspondences are prepared not later than Forty Eight (48) hours of receipt of such instructions.
- Assisting the Associate Advocate in the preparation of files for court hearings/attendance through making copies of documents required, following up on witnesses, processing of witness allowances and any other routine tasks that may be required.
- Assist the Associate Advocate in handling correspondences and enquiries from the Company’s insured’s or other parties to the case
3. Claim Investigations and Verification
- Issue within seven (7) days investigation/verification instructions to the Company’s investigators and following up on the reports of receipt of documents/information that requires investigation/ verification.
- Prepare correspondence for referral of medical re-examination to third party advocates and claimants
4. General Duties
- Maintain a good rapport with the third party advocates, courts and other service providers dealing with the Law Firm.
- Any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time in the discharge of the Law Firms obligations under this agreement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Paralegal Studies from a reputable institution.
- Excellent litigation skills
- Thirty four years of age and above
- Possess a high degree of professional ethics & personal integrity.
- The candidate must be hardworking, flexible & service oriented.
- Proficiency in use of computer applications.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Individuals who meet the above requirements should send their applications to the email below stating their current and expected salary along with a detailed CV to reach us on or before 13th August 2016.
Please indicate the job being applied for in the subject heading of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Directline Assurance is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and what they bring to the workplace.