The dispatch controller will supervise a team of cab drivers, fleet assistants, mechanics and all fleet services employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Radio controller-to allocate jobs to drivers
- Follow up on transfers
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to ensure cost effective maintenance and scheduled maintenance
- Making follow ups with drivers and mechanics on transit
- Maintaining a complete inventory system through recording of maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Monitors user departments by analysis of vehicle and equipment utilization and evaluation of equipment specifications.
- Supervises all Fleet Services employees; trains, evaluates and schedules work
- Assists in the development of the Fleet Services budget and adjusts and administers all Fleet Service purchases, including parts, tools, and office supplies
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Any post- secondary Diploma with auto mechanical know how (even basics)
- One who can supervise more than 50 drivers
- Experience in the hospitality industry will be an added advantage
- Previous experience as a fleet supervisor or logistics supervisor
- 25 years and above
- Must be on a 24- hour call
- Time flexible-can work both day and night
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Good skills in excel
- Can work under pressure and with minimum supervision
How to Apply