Location: Busia, Kisumu, Kisii, Samburu, West Pokot, Nyeri, Meru, Machakos, Kilifi and Kajiado
Reports to: Associate Field Operations
About Evidence Action: Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence.
Our current flagship programs include:
- Dispensers for Safe Wateris an entrepreneurial program scaling the chlorine dispenser system – a proven innovation that dramatically expands access to water treatment at an extremely low cost.
- Deworm the World Initiativeactively supports the scale-up of school-based deworming programs worldwide to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development.
About County Coordinator, Field Operations
The County Coordinator, will conduct field visits for the programme in the counties ensuring that volunteers are enabled to do their work with the highest level of quality.
Goals and Responsibilities
Partnerships and Relationships with County Government, Community and Schools built.
- Sensitize, orient and train county-level committees, officials, schools, teachers and the community on the program, its objectives, and implementation.
- Ensure that counties, schools and communities are adequately prepared for volunteers to arrive and thrive in the county.
- Engage actively in county activation process and ensure the selected counties are ready and willing to support the programme.
- Support county-level ownership and management of the recruitment/selection process and ensure that appropriate county-level needs and priorities are integrated into the recruitment/selection process.
- Facilitate county level meetings and engagements to manage, support and review the program – for compliance with guidelines but also for performance according to goals.
- Continuous engagement with homestays through courtesy phone calls and visits to boost their motivation and ongoing support for the programme
- Work with the partnership team to Identify partners at the county level for VGA internship placement.
- Manage and supervise the volunteers regularly and ensure they are fulfilling their responsibility and achieving the programme goals in schools and communities.
- Communicate to the Associate filed operations and the national team regularly on the performance of Volunteers in regards to monitoring attendance, programme design and achievement of the programme objectives.
- Conducting impromptu Phone call checks on the Volunteers to verify attendance or non-attendance of individual volunteers.
- Support Monitoring for evaluation of the three program goals.
- Supporting any donor/government visits at the county and in schools.
- Regularly visit schools/communities to collect monitoring data from the head teachers, teachers, volunteers, learners, host families and other community members.
- Offer support to the volunteers in their individual community projects.
- Foster an environment of continual improvement of volunteer skills
- Conduct activities to maintain a high level of volunteer motivation, and offer continual training to volunteers to improve their content knowledge.
- Identify and support internships and placements for Volunteers in their professional fields in both the public and private sector agencies in the counties during the holidays.
- Identify and support volunteers with entrepreneurial goals and ambitions and connect them with local opportunities and any other partners for further assistance.
- Support identification and oversight for schools, home-stays and matching volunteers to schools and home-stays.
- Support logistics of volunteer deployment including travel arrangements, housing if necessary, payment of stipends for volunteers and home-stays, etc.
- Support logistics of volunteer incident management in case any incidences befall the volunteers such as medical emergencies, change of homestays, terror threats
- Provide logistical support for all other Programme activities that may arise as need be including county based closure, alumni support and related tracking and documentation.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers about safety, rules and regulations and any other important areas that may arise.
- Handle incidence and emergency response strategy for field activities according to designed protocol.
- Minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Social Work, Project Management or any relevant field from a recognized university.
- 1-2 Years work experience in a high-performing work environment and management of people from diverse cultures and religion.
- Proven record of achieving ambitious results, individually, and as part of a team.
- Strong consensus building, conflict management, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Superb organization, detail-orientation, and planning skills
- Ability to thrive in a goal-oriented, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, including the ability to be flexible in project execution.
- Thrives on feedback and hungry to continually learn, improve, and help others grow
- Applicant MUST BE a resident of the county they wish to work in. Knowledge of the local geography and language a plus.
- Willingness to ride a motor bike / Possession of a valid motor bike licence is a plus.