Towards this end, GDC has harnessed 409Mw of steam from Olkaria and another 135Mw from its pilot project in Menengai – Nakuru.
General Manager – Geothermal Resource Development
Overall Purpose: The General Manager – Geothermal Resource Development will be responsible to the Managing Director & CEO for the provision of strategic leadership in the assessment, development and management of the company’s Geothermal Resource while ensuring innovation and its utilization.
- Geothermal Resource Assessment which entails identification of sites for exploration by use of Geology, Geophysics, GIS and Geochemistry processes;
- Geothermal Resource Management which entails reservoir management and engineering, steam status determination and steam quality audits:
- Technical Review of surface studies and geothermal field data:
- Efficient management of GDC’s Geothermal Laboratories for scientific simulation and other accredited methods;
- Environmental Planning. Monitoring arid Management;
- Efficient management of geothermal Direct Use activities;
- Promotion and commercialization of geothermal Direct Use products, programs and projects:
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices:
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes:
- Co-ordinate and ensure understanding of the Company’s communication strategy and the protection of the GDC brand among its critical stakeholders;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Masters Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences/Engineering or related fields from a recognized university:
- Reservoir Engineering Certificate/Diploma or equivalent:
- Member of the Engineering Board of Kenya or any other relevant professional body:
- At least Twelve (12) years working experience in a similar position, five (5) of which must be in a managerial position.
- Reservoir engineering skills:
- IT proficiency:
- High level of integrity, ethics and self-discipline:
- Research. analytical and report writing skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Negotiation skills:
- Team leadership and supervisory skills:
- Planning and organizational skills.
The successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporations guidelines
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA):
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC):
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Suitably Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelop and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, Kawi House 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box. posted or emailed to:
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received not later than 500pm on Monday 12th September 2016
GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification