Job Ref.: CGS-293213
Level: Level 6 (a)
Reports To: Electrical / Instruments Engineer
Context / Scope: The employer is a major glass container manufacturer in East and Central Africa and currently operating at full capacity of 130 tons
- Annual glass production: 42,000 tons.
- Volume: 100 million containers
- The job holder is authorized to plan, amend and update the computerized maintenance management system (sap system);
- Electrical /Instrumentation maintenance with complete freedom within company policy;
- Recommendations on electrical/instrumentation issues.
- Deciding on temporary /remedial modification on electrical/instrumentation and controls to sustain production while permanent solution is being made and determines the possible cause of electrical faults.
- Leads a multi –disciplinary team in RCPS sessions on RCA for electrical failures.
- Lead a team of 3 technicians, 2 contracted electricians, any number of electrical attaches and electrical contractors on site.
- Provide electrical, controls and instrumentation maintenance services in order to maximize overall equipment effectiveness to optimum working condition to raise production efficiency and quality.
- Maintenance of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for optimum operation
- Accomplishes project work, planned, preventive and general maintenance within the plant economically and timely.
- Communicate with KPLC on power failures, complain on voltage variation, frequency and pf. Liaise for changeover to reduce production loss and cost.
- Planning, amending, training and updating the Computerized Maintenance Management system (sap).
- Monitoring the availability of power, air and LPG supply to all equipment involved and providing working firefighting and fire alarm equipment at all time.
- Provide timely and economic repair of faulty production instrumentation, electrical and control equipment, Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of production equipment in the factory.
- Calibrate and service of instruments (indicating and process) and controllers to give stable and accurate results.
- Carry out risk assessment and issue permit to work and Liaise with electrical contractors for quality job.
- Suppliers for quality electrical spares and ensuring quality procedures are planned, effected and documented.
- Maintain all DAA systems and emergency alarm systems optimum working condition.
- Ensuring that any other requirements of the Implemented Management Systems (FSMS, QMS, EMS and OHSAS) are continually being met within the Electrical department.
- Timely and economical availability of quality control equipment in good working condition.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to by all.
- Identifying non-stock items required and raising preliminary purchase requisition.
- Ensure compliance to code of business conduct COB.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Controls and Instrumentation from a recognised institution.
- At least 4 years working experience in maintenance in a busy manufacturing industry, knowledge of instrumentation and control designs and computers hardware and software.
- Sufficient knowledge in electrical/electronics engineering, power system network, protection of high medium and low voltage, adequate knowledge in instrumentation systems functions, calibration, testing and faulty finding is required. Knowledge in IEE standards.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact, to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR & THE JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews