Summary: Our client is an exclusive member only golf club and they are looking to hire a General Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating all activities of the club in order to ensure that it effectively carries out the members’ objective.
- Ensure that the club operations are financially sustainable
- Enforce internal controls to safeguard club’s asset and resources
- Provide leadership in formulation and implementation of annual work plans/ budgets
- Ensure that the club operates at positive cash flow at all times
- Maintain strong relationships with financial institutions, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Ensure optimal levels of competent staff by utilizing labor scheduling tools to follow demand patterns.
- Enforce Performance management and service delivery
- Promote an organization culture in line with the core values of the club
- Manages staff by training, directing, supervising, evaluating and implementing corrective action when required.
- Conducts weekly department head bi-monthly co-worker meetings
- Manages facilities by working closely with all department heads to ensure compliance with the Golf club standards.
- Acts as a role model for all employees by demonstrating behavior and work ethic expected of all club employees.
- Overseeing implementation of the Golf and course master plan
- Promote the club as a premier golf destination
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential corporate partners
- Continuously improve the quality of the golf course
- Develop and implement plans to ensure the club dominance of amateur golf in East & Central Africa
- Ensure efficient procurement and maintenance of golf course equipment’s
- Ensure efficient administration of all golf events & activities
- Work closely with, and implement decisions of the membership committee in respect of new and existing members
- Ensures open communication and high visibility to members and guests by constant engagement with members.
- Models and reinforces “ACE Service absolutes”, by acknowledging, greeting and thanking all members and their guests.
- Maintains and Grows membership and customer patronage by improving the levels of service and quality of food, beverages and product offering.
- Monitoring inventory levels for Food and Beverage and ensuring wastage is minimized
- Expanding sales by initiating and monitoring effectiveness of monthly promotions, demand management and implementing demand management strategies.
- Focus on revolutionizing service levels of all areas of the club.
- Ensure constant and professional internal communication to members to keep them updated about the club.
- Create a calendar of events for the members. There should be at least 4 non golf related events per month. These should be marketed and communicated effectively to members.
- Create avenues for effective member feedback and ensure the feedback is acknowledged and acted on.
- Ensure external events are run efficiently (weddings, conferences, corporate days etc…)
- Investigate and manage all security concerns.
- Follows occupational health and safety guidelines and conducts regular safety meetings.
Any other duties that may be assigned by the board of directors.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: General Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.