This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Regional Coordinators to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Position: Regional Coordinator
Job Purpose: The Regional Coordinator is in charge of one of the geographic regions where HFH Kenya implements activities. The job holder is responsible for oversight on program and Operational activities at the Regional level.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for oversight one of the geographic regions where HfH Kenya implements activities.
- Provide vision, leadership and technical direction to the regional team, in accordance with the agreed Programme methodology and in alignment with HFH Kenya operational policies and practices.
- Ensure that overall Programme implementation and monitoring systems in the region support HFH Kenya strategic objectives.
- Lead in partnership, advocacy and community development at regional level.
- Ensure HFH Kenya lines of business and best practice are integrated in implementation at field level.
- Create opportunities for appropriate synergy and collaboration between all projects implemented in a manner that facilitates coherence of the Programme in the geographical area of responsibility with the overall nationwide Programme.
- Prepare, in coordination with key Programme staff, strategic area work-plans with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, implementation plans, financial projections and tools for evaluation.
- Manage the overall project in the area of responsibility by planning, monitoring and evaluating project activities in accordance with the guidance and requirements developed for the projects.
- Oversee administrative and financial management of the Programme in the area of responsibility;
- Ensure that Programme is implemented in a timely and professional manner and meets beneficiary needs.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings and create relationships that promote community participation and ownership.
- Ensure effective implementation of M&E systems and adequate documentation throughout the lifetime of the Programme.
- Lead a continuous quality improvement process to ensure the highest quality possible of the Programme in the region.
- Be responsible for the accurate, timely and high quality aspects of donor and internal reports components for the region of responsibility.
- Monitor spending versus budgets in the region of responsibility;
- Gain knowledge of donors’ culture, policies and procedures in relation to the Programme and ensure the region complies with these regulations.
- Ensure that the HFH Kenya is appropriately represented in relevant coordination bodies at regional and county levels.
- Ensure representation of HFH Kenya at Regional level to maintain a good relationship and communication with local and provincial level stakeholders.
- Responsible for Finance and Administration processes in the Regional office
- Ensures comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with staff under your supervision.
- Discharge other functions as may be delegated.
- Timely submission of donor / monthly reports from the region.
- Achievement of activities based on Project workplans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Development Studies or a related field.
- Training in M&E, Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required.
- Financial management and analytical skills
- Negotiation and coordination skills.
- Computer skills in data management, analysis and reporting
- Willingness to travel among rural communities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit;
- Results Focused, Drive Change / Foster Innovation, Customer Service Orientation and Develop Others.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role within an NGO setting.
- Experience in technical project implementation over a wide geographical coverage.
- Ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends.
- High levels of integrity
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to email@example.com to be received by 13th September, 2016.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.