Hamilton Harrison & Mathews (HH&M): We are a leading law firm based in Nairobi managing a wide portfolio of local and international clientele and are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who will establish a business development department within our firm.
- Ideal candidate will identify and qualify new business opportunities, and foster existing relationships.
- Work with clients and partners to understand their businesses and technical requirements and refine solutions to meet these needs.
- Be adept at client perception management, competitive analysis and navigation of a changing legal environment.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, emerging developments and market trends, cross selling opportunities including business intelligence and industry issues.
- Design and implement business development strategy in coordination with senior partners and develop cross border groups, relationship teams and marketing trips.
- Demonstrate strategic focus, a proven ability to evaluate and direct market positioning and a track record of spearheading and managing corporate branding initiative.
- Build and maintain a qualified pipeline of new opportunities that are vetted with senior partners.
- MUST meet or exceed on agreed-upon deliverables.
- Develop a business development tool-kit for senior partners.
- Deliver presentations and develop client segments for practice groups.
- Become a client advocate based on customer needs and competitive activities.
- Must have not less than seven (7) years in a professional services firm (preferably a law firm) with demonstrated experience in building and managing client relationships, preparing presentations, writing proposals, and managing senior level relationships.
- Strong strategic marketing skills in professional services organizations.
- Must demonstrate expertise in managing relationships with large and industry-leading organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- BA or BCom University degree (Minimum Upper Second Class Honors) from a leading university.
- MBA or other applicable graduate degree is highly preferable.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under high pressure.
- Must have an ability to handle time-sensitive requests from demanding lawyers and to generate quality work product in a fast paced environment.
The position comes with an attractive and competitive remuneration package.
If you are interested in this job. please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 12th of September 2016