Country Engagement Developer, Making All Voices Count (MAVC)
About MAVC: Making All Voices Count is an international initiative that contributes towards effective governance and accountability by enabling citizen engagement and open, responsive government in 12 countries in Africa and Asia.
Making All Voices Count began its work in June 2013 and will run until November 2017.
Using a $45m fund created by its donors, the Programme nurtures innovative approaches to strengthening citizen engagement and government accountability by:
- Making grants and brokering new relationships to support the development of new ideas and the scaling-up of successful initiatives
- Investing in capacity-building for funded partners and other stakeholders in the technology, citizen engagement and open governance communities of programme countries
- Carrying out and commissioning research to build a base of evidence about what works and why
- Catalysing global action through engaging with policy makers, opinion formers and influencers in relevant debates.
Role Purpose: The Country Engagement Developer (CED) is responsible for the delivery of a coherent programme of activities in the country in which s/he is based,in line with the Making All Voices Count countryplan and overall objectives.
Grant Portfolio: The CED monitors and manages the quality of the Making All Voices Count current grant portfolio in-country and initiates adequate measures to maintain this quality
Learning Agenda: The CED will be responsible to finalise and implement the learnig agenda in collaboration with IDS and Ushahidi. The learn agenda will focus on context, MAVC research pieces and grantees experience.
Networking and Relationship Building:The CED is responsible for identifying and building collaborative relationships with strategic organizations, individuals and initiatives in support of Making All Voices Count’s objectives, and is expected to have strong networking and facilitation skills.
The CED requires a good understanding of the governance, social, political, and economic dynamics of the country in which s/he is based in order to initiate brokering events and develop opportunities for collaboration across government, the donor community (especially Making All Voices Count donors), private sector, civil society and the tech community.
The CED is the country anchor point for all consortium activities under Making All Voices Count’s collaborative approach in that country.
The CED will be reporting to the Country Programme Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development studies, governance or another relevant field;
- Experience with technology-driven Transparency and Accountability initiatives is an advantage.
- Minimum of five years working experience;
- Solid knowledge of transparency and accountability, citizen engagement and the use of technology;
- A keen understanding of country political and social dynamics; analytical and conceptual skills, and ability to translate these into relevant and timely Making All Voices Count actions;
- Excellent networking, relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills in English and have native speaker ability of the main language of the country where they are based.
- Experience overseeing projects to ensure the effective design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation
- Experience of designing monitoring and evaluation plans and indicators
- Ability to analyse information
Like to apply?
To apply, kindly send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the suitable candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.