Job Summary: Manage the Financial Function of the hotel to ensure the completeness, accuracy, integrity, legality and timeliness of financial reports in accordance to International Financial Reporting Systems and our client’s standards so as to support operation and achieve financial goals.
Key Result Areas
- Preparation of Financial and Management Reports.
- Verifies and signs hotel documents to ensure proper processing, controls and Authorizations.
- Ensures that all legal, contractual and licensing documents comply with the legal requirements of the country.
- Reviews potential risk exposures of Hotel and arrange for insurance coverage in legal country requirements.
- Manages risk exposures of Hotel due to negligence and unforeseeable accidents.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, deducted, collected and/or accrued. Ensure timely remittances to the relevant tax office(s).
- Reviews, documents and implements related policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance of internal control standards and recommends improvements.
- Complies with internal control recommendations from internal and external auditors.
- Ensure purchasing procedures are adhered to and are in compliance with hotels standards.
- Supervises the timely preparation of payroll and reports to ensure payments to associates.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers’ clear accountability backed by appropriate authority for optimum productivity.
- Organizes, coordinates and plans the hotel’s annual budgets and financial reports on time for owner’s review.
- Assists internal and external auditors in the completion of their assignments.
- Verifies assets and liabilities, by maintaining a fixed assets register.
- Administers the cash flow and treasury functions of the company to ensure smooth, efficient operation and meet investment and capital expenditure.
- University Degree and other relevant accounting professional qualifications.
- 5 –years’ working experience in Finance and Accounting functions within hospitality industry.
- Computer knowledge in all hospitality related software.
- Working knowledge of Hotel’s Property Management and Point of Sales Systems.
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills with the ability to Influence and interface with senior members of the business.
- Ability to apply intensive knowledge of specific accounting technical areas.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 7th September 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking “Hotel Finance Manager” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted