Fixed-Term Job Vacancy
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a full-time Office Assistant to assist the Operations Administrator in providing day-to-day facilities support to HRW’s Nairobi office.
The position is an initial fixed-term employment for one year with the possibility of an extension.
- Clean the office space daily including dusting all surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors, wiping the windows, and emptying the bins; Maintain the kitchen and washrooms by and thoroughly cleaning the spaces daily, including washing utensils.
- Track supplies and usage:
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the office Identifying safety measures and report issues to supervisor regarding repairs, supply inventory, etc.:
- Receive visitors and offer hospitality during meetings:
- Process and deliver office mails;
- Provide administrative support such as answering phones, photocopying, filing, and faxing; and
- Carry out other duties as required.
Education: A secondary degree is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior cleaning experience, preferably in an office environment, is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Good judgment, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
- Ability to withstand moderate amount of physical labour including, but not limited to standing, bending, and lifting and is required,
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current Kenyan work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
Contact Please submit a cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample (unedited by others), and contact information for three references in English.
Please submit the entire application in one attached document to opsafrica@hrw org
Please use “Associate REF OPS-16-1018” as the subject of your email
Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pooh
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.