Position: HVAC Technician
A leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in Africa with a strong East Africa
Position Description: The HVAC Technician, reports to the Chief Engineer
The holder of this position shall be responsible for servicing and repairing, air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating units, Experience with installation; ability to install HVAC without supervision.
The responsibilities of the HVAC Technician will be as follows but not limited to;
- Maintain and repair all refrigeration equipment, coolers, and troubleshoot all HVAC equipment.
- Strong knowledge of chillers and most HVAC systems,
- Manage all metal duct components and install all HVAC systems.
- Provide solutions for all emergency alarm in systems and repair all ventilating and air conditioning units.
- Manage all data centre applications and operate various centrifugal chillers.
- Monitor all resources and ensure optimal utilization for same to achieve all Customer objectives.
- Perform calculations and implement various plans for HVAC.
- Maintain all deliverables for projects to maintain optimal qualities within required timeframe and coordinate with stakeholders to analyse all project requirements.
- Perform audit on all HVAC system, collect data, perform periodic evaluation and monitor all log books.
- Analyze all load programs, perform required calculations on same and manage all electrical requirements for HVAC equipment.
- Perform all Heating/Ventilation/Air-Conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration duties within BAL establishments.
- Installation, inspecting, testing, commissioning and maintenance of HVAC systems and equipment, including compressors, condensers, chillers.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspection of refrigeration units, and electrically operated air conditioning equipment including cleaning filters and compressors.
- Monitor, repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment controls including thermostats, automatic switches, fan control, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls and safety valves.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, motor and wiring systems as needed.
- Test and examine operations, observing meters and pressure gauge as well as perform any corrective maintenance activities.
- Perform / review cooling load calculations, ventilation requirements, design drawings, and HVAC control systems.
- Joining pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit.
- Repairing or replacing defective equipment, components, or wiring.
How to Apply
email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org