The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles
The CRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Pharmacist.
- Support the Regional Pharmacist in ensuring the Logistics Support Centre’s compliance to the Pharmacy and Poisons Board requirements including imports and exports of medical supplies
- Participate in the implementation of Good Distribution Practices (GDP) in the Logistics Support Centre.
- Implements the Qualification and Validation activities of the medical warehouse and equipment
- Actively participates in the handling of supply chain complaints and deviations including cold chain deviations.
- Involved in the writing and reviewing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to GDP at the Logistics Support Centre.
- Manage records/documentation related to GDP and quality of healthcare goods.
- Participate in planning and providing GDP training of staff involved in the medical supply chain.
- Ensure the timely update of the relevant information in the ERP (JDE) database.
- Facilitate and participate in the organization of inspections/audit visits of manufacturers and other suppliers to conform to good manufacturing and good distribution Practices:,
- May be required to travel within the region from time to time
- Holder of a Bachelor’s of Pharmacy Degree from a recognized university:
- Must be a registered pharmacist with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board. Ministry of Medical Services. Republic of Kenya
- Must have good knowledge of MOH policies and national and international drug laws and policies.
- Advanced Computer Skills.
- Previous working experience with NGO’s, international charitable organizations or a Medical Logistics service provider organization is an asset.
- Rigorous, responsible and autonomous,
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Flexible and open minded.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision,
- Good communication skills,
Kindly note that only Kenyan Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 2nd September 2016
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current arid expected remuneration arid contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Support Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),
You can also find details of this position on https://www.icrc.org/en/who-we-are/jobs/opportunity/pharmacist