Job Overview / Summary: The Procurement Manager (PM) will oversee the end to end supply chain process for pharmaceutical and medical equipment requirements encompassing safety, sourcing, product selection, demand planning, quality, inventory, warehousing and transport for assigned countries / regions.
The PM has the responsibility for the development and maintenance of strategic initiatives within the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Equipment category.
- Manage end to end supply chain process for pharmaceutical, nutrition products, medical devices and medical equipment requirements for francophone countries that IRC operates in.
- Serve as subject matter expert for drug procurement, medical devices and equipment and service providers related to pharmaceutical regulatory and donors’ requirements
- Support in the development of processes to ensure compliance related to key supply chain requirements such as quality control, cold chain storage and distribution
- Per Health program requests, provide technical advice and guidance about importation process, sourcing information and review large pharmaceuticals orders placed by country programs to minimize inappropriate procurement
- Demonstrate expertise in contract negotiations and cost management
- Support Senior Procurement Manager in developing category strategies
- Manages RFX, RFP process, templates and strategy
- Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Well versed in analysis of spend data and cost models for continuous improvement
- Maintain relationships with various business functions across the organization including health unit, legal, and regional/country offices
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels
- Lead supplier selection and pre-qualification process globally
- Conduct Quality Control and pharmacovigilance activities, when deemed necessary or as an element of routine supplier management.
- Conduct/organize regular and ad hoc inspections of IRC suppliers and their manufacturers, to safeguard the quality of supplies delivered to IRC beneficiaries.
- Experience in sourcing both pharmaceuticals, medical devices and equipment
- Experience of medical logistics and pharmaceutical supply chain systems in developing contexts
- Experience with managing medical warehousing facilities in support of NGO health programs
- Successful experience in audit/assessments and the implementation of supply chain management improvements
- Knowledge of developments and trends within pharmaceuticals industry
- Knowledge of risk management, with the ability to identify and address anticipated issues
- 4-6 years of Procurement related experience. Pharmacist preferred
- NGO experience preferred with understanding of institutional donors’ policies relating to pharmaceutical procurement and management
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals related quality systems such as GDP and GMP
- Ability to establish supplier specifications, measure conformance and identify process improvement opportunities that are defined in conjunction with internal customers is critical to this position
- Driven to meeting or exceeding milestones
- Ability to provide fact based advice and development of market and industry analysis
- Has proven knowledge of procurement industry cost structures and drivers
- Experience working in Africa desired
- Fluency in French and English essential
- General knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience implementing and using procurement systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Pharmacy, or equivalent pharmacy qualification
- Complexity of products and projects requires high quality project and program management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internally and externally
How to Apply
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.