An international Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) development and advocacy organization with presence in Europe and Africa, seeks to recruit an International Resource Mobilization Coordinator to be based in its Kenya Country office.
Areas of Responsibility: The International Resource Mobilization Coordinator is a member of an inter-related project team.
He/she takes lead in resource mobilisation efforts in the East Africa region.
The incumbent is also expected to conduct capacity building for resource mobilisation across the region, as well as liaison with the international office in Europe.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in fundraising with a proven track record of success winning bi/multi-lateral funding
- Knowledge of and working experience in at least three of the East African States
- Ability to build regional resource mobilisation capacity across the East African region
- Experience in reproductive health and family planning programming
- In-depth understanding of DFID, EU, USAID and other bi/multi-lateral donor funding mechanisms, policies, and procedures required.
- Prior experience working on bi/multi-lateral funded projects strongly preferred
- Prior experience in training and capacity building for resource mobilisation preferred, demonstrated through workshop facilitation or technical assistance
- Strong knowledge of donor budgeting, financial planning, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience managing proposal teams and processes and producing deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality
- Strong research, writing, and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills
- Willingness to travel, predominantly in East Africa
- Master’s degree in a field related to international relations, political science, history, or economics required
- Fluency in English and French required. Some working knowledge of German, Swahili and Luganda preferred
Interested applicants should send their application letters, CV and references so as to be received before August 31, 2016 to:
P.O Box 49010-00100,