- Collecting and organizing data
- Conducting data entry
- Ensuring data quality
Conditions: This is a part time position with the possibility to transition to a full time position, subject to performance and availability of funding.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive to work promptly and reliably
- Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity, sensitivity and understanding
- Recruit eligible women into study and obtain informed consent using proper ethical standards
- Collect data through means such as in-person interviews, phone calls, and observation
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve one another’s data collection and data entering skills
- Work with the Program Officer to implement improvements to data collection tools and methods
- Conduct data entry using computer data entry system
- Attend to other administrative duties, as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma/certificate
- 1 or more years of research-related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Experience with data collection through household and/or phone surveys, exit interviews, focus groups, observation
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to participants
- Excellent note taking ability during interviews
- Willingness to travel within Nairobi
- Dependable and upholding highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Comfortable with interviewing individuals in a variety of locations
- Ability to withstand demanding targets; does well under pressure
- Experience or familiarity with maternal or newborn health
- Experience with all data entry methods mentioned above
- Experience with pilot studies, especially related to improving data collection tools
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS Excel in particular); familiarity with database management programs is a plus
Interested candidates may apply by submitting their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title, “PART TIME RA APPLICATION – FULL NAME”.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Vacancy: Research Assistant
Background: Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
Jacaranda Health combines business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
As it builds a network of maternity hospitals, Jacaranda Health has launched one clinic in Nairobi in 2012, a second in 2014, and two more are in process in other locations in the region.
Job Summary: This study is seeking a research assistant to work on the Monitoring and Evaluation team.
This individual will work closely with the various members of the team to conduct research on various aspects of reproductive, maternal and child healthcare.
This role will include the following responsibilities: