Legal Risk & Compliance Manager
Ref: IRC 850
The Position: Reporting to the Head, Legal Services; this role is responsible for providing support in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance activities of the Company within established law and regulation.
It assists in ensuring the Company is up-to-date with any existing, proposed or new legislation and the compliance requirements to be met by the Company to be in compliance with legislation.
- Provide support in ensuring that each subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze and disseminate the compliance requirements of existing, new and/or revised laws and regulations. Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
- Conduct internal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with relevant subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Formulate legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews to ensure compliance by the Bank.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects.
- Provide legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
- Update knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis and keep abreast of changes in legislation, proposed Bills, best practices and trends in the market which impact the Bank and advise thereon promptly and/or recommend changes to Bank Policies.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Law
- Professional qualifications in law
- A master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ proven experience in the legal profession
- At least 2 years’ experience in legal drafting
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- A good understanding of risk.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 5th August, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.