Senior Dealer – Treasury SME & Retail Sales
Ref: IRC 1045
The Position: Reporting to the Head, Treasury SME & Retail sales, the position will be responsible for the delivery of foreign exchange income from SME & Retail clients through negotiated retail deals, counter traded deals, increased swift transactions and other online Forex transactions.
- To implement the Treasury SME & Retail sales strategy in line with the overall Treasury Function Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive and monitor performance of SME & Retail forex sales through the branch network to grow revenues and sector customer base under assigned portfolios to meet set targets
- Drive forex sales through targeted sales initiatives and product packaging through the branch network and directly to key SME & Retail customer segments
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers, stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Support the delivery, availability and visibility of Treasury products across delivery channels and contribute to new product development/customization for SME & Retail segment.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Support daily overseeing of the correct application of methods and processes in the unit
- Co-ordinate branch network visits to build staff product awareness on Forex business and other treasury products and services.
- Monitor end of day revaluation forex rates in the Bank’s core Banking System and ensure forex transactions are appropriately processed and completed.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business related field.
- Certified Foreign Exchange and Money Market Dealer (ACI).
- Master’s Degree in Business related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years proven working experience in a large dealing room/ Treasury Function; 2 years of which must be in middle management level.
- Comprehensive understanding of the forex business market, the SME sector and working knowledge of the Funds Transfers channels of a bank.
- Thorough understanding of local and global market regulations applicable to foreign exchange.
- Good understanding of various limits that apply to FX Trading and knowledge of risk management and its application to financial markets.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end processes of Treasury products and services
- Should have excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and strong business relations.
- Should be innovative in identifying develop and harnessing new and existing opportunities for hedging/trading to maximize business revenue.
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers.
The above position is a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 19th August, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.