Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African
airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa
and carries over four million passengers annually.
airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers
in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline
in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism
Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in
Position Title: Treasury Manager
Position Ref No: IRC40423
To manage the availability, security and utilization of funds in order
to meet current and future obligations of the Airline at minimum risks
with internal and external stakeholders on the effects and consequences
of new business activities, with regard to capital availability and
with the Head of Corporate Finance make decisions on the optimization
of funding requirements to minimize the company’s risk.
existing bank accounts and facilities in order to ascertain which will
meet the company’s strategic plans, while safeguarding against cash
losses and risks.
the Treasury reports produced and consolidate them to allow executive
management to make decisions within the parameters of available cash
on the implication of exchange control amendments, as well as on fuel
and currency hedging, structures and policy, and provide recommendations
for maximum advantage to be realized by the business.
recommendations on draw downs and repayments, as well as prepare and
negotiate with external stakeholders on appropriate future provisions
for aircraft financing, leasing, sale and / or leaseback.
- Source, negotiate & secure all banking facilities to meet current and future obligations at minimal costs.
- Maintain bank accounts and mandates to ensure efficient operations, compliance and security of funds.
periodic cash flow forecast and review daily cash positions for
decision making on optimal utilization of funds in investment and
- Develop, Coach and motivate a high performing, innovative and inspired team so as to ensure delivery of set KRA’s.
exchange rate forecast for use by the Kenyan aviation industry to
ensure uniformity in reporting and accounting for multi currency
and maintain hedging strategies in multi-currency transactions and
analyze foreign exchange regulations for compliance and to minimize
and maintain a process that assures that the company pays for goods and
services consumed and that the amount paid is accurate.
- Review bank reconciliation’s and related GL accounts to ensure accuracy of underlying records and prevent loss to the company.
and maintain relationships with banks and financial institutions to
ensure beneficial strategic opportunities are obtained.
- Plan, Control and manage the sectional budget to ensure that the expenditure is within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Economics. Master’s Degree in Business or Finance or Financial Derivatives (added advantage)
- CFA or CPA (K) Qualification.
- Minimum 7 years experience in an Accounting/Finance/Banking environment, of which 3 should be in a Treasury Supervisory role
- Knowledge of current use of Derivative in hedging in a banking or corporate environment.
- Advanced Training in use and design of derivatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through our website via https://www.kenya-airways.com/global/About_Kenya_Airways/Careers/Careers/