Vacant Position: Regional Partnership and Sales Manager (RPSM)
Function: Partnerships & Sales
Role Purpose: The position is responsible for selling Money Maker pumps to partners and individuals through a network of private sector dealerships.
Reports to: Country Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: Partnership and Sales Officers
Works with: Partners with the relevant institutions, NGOs, Farmer’s Cooperatives, Micro Finances and Extension staff of the Ministry of Agriculture and the County Government, Farmers, Washington State University
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Manage the Partnership and Sales Officers in the region ensuring that each meet their monthly set target, prepare and send daily, weekly and monthly reports and that Guarantee forms, Tone Kwa Tone and Rent to own documents are filled and sent to the office and on time.
- Ensuring that all donor funded project activities and targets for the region are achieved and exceeded
- Managing dealer accounts and relationship ensuring that dealers pay on time, have adequate stock of pumps, accessories, spares, demonstration kits and is branded.
- With the assistance of the Global Marketing Manager ensure that all field marketing activities and especially the word of mouth related activities are undertaken.
- Engage all the potential partner organizations, government agencies (both National and County) and farmers groups to make sales
- Train partner organizations, farmers groups, other stake holders and government agencies on the importance of irrigation and farming as a business.
- Train dealers on MoneyMaker products, branding, creating a MoneyMaker Estate for visibility, stock management, product demonstration, filling guarantee forms and any other KickStart related document that originates or is relevant to dealers
- Represent KickStart in various Stakeholders forums to articulate KickStart position
- Responsible for all KickStart assets and resources in the region
- Staff development and training on Sales and Partnership issues
- In liaison with Product Innovation and Development carry out Market test for new innovative products and services
- Achieve set sales and partnership targets and grow sales for the MoneyMaker pumps in the region focusing towards the 2020 KickStart vision.
- Cost effective, sustainable and timely selling process and pump delivery
- Development of good sales pipeline with potential partners in the region and repeated sales from the same
- Effective team management to increase sales performance per individual sales officer
- Effective management of resources especially vehicle, Sales and marketing materials and routes
- Good and productive working relationship with dealers in the region
- Understanding of the expected results for each donor funded project and the timing in the region.
- In depth understanding of the area of operation, potential areas and partners
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure that every Partnership and Sales Officers uses the Hot prospect system and the daily sms-interactive reporting system
- Prepare and implement the work plan for the sales in the region
- Set sales targets, manage and resolve work related issues for Partnership and Sales Officers
- Manage dealers and their accounts in the region
- Carry out specific donor related activities to ensure that the agreed targets are met and superseded
- Develop and build relationships with potential partners to promote irrigation work and sell pumps
- Negotiate and close bulk sales with partners
- Attend Stake holders meeting and hold joint field days, shows and exhibitions
- Mentoring and training of the Partnership and Sales Officers
- Strengthen the existing systems and processes for customer service
- Liaise with the County governments for various licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing,
- At least 3 years’ experience selling farm tools/equipment
- Experience managing people, partnerships and sales outlets.
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to KickStart’s values
- Strong customer focus
- Results / Performance Orientation – proven “self-starter” who is flexible and adaptable
- Able to work effectively in an unstructured and fast moving environment
- Able to work effectively with limited guidance and oversight
- A can-do entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent personal communication & negotiation skills
- Strong analytical abilities ,presentation skills and detail oriented
- Shares KickStart’s values and believe in its Mission
- Fluency in English and other local languages required
If you feel you are the right candidate to fill this position, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title on the subject line by close of business 14th September, 2016.
See www.KickStart.org for more information