The Nairobi Hospital
Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Medical Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team in championing Hospital wide continuous quality improvement.
Specific duties include:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all aspects of the Hospital’s continuous quality improvement agenda.
- Coordinating quality, patient safety and regulatory programs to maintain a systematic. continuous team-based approach to quality and compliance within the Hospital.
- Spearheading the acquisition of Joint Commission International Accreditation.
- Ensuring that all Hospital accreditation and certification programs e.g. JCI, ISO and others are successfully implemented, maintained and result in improved patient care and service delivery.
- Collaborating with Management, Staff and Admitting Consultants to develop and achieve quality, safety and risk management goals for the Hospital.
- Participating in root cause analysis to address patient, family or other customer concerns / complaints and developing appropriate solutions to mitigate against recurrence.
- Participating in reviews of key quality indicators identified by Medical and Non-Medical Staff to monitor and evaluate clinical care, safety and service delivery.
- Establishing and maintaining effective systems for analyzing data, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of quality improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Certification in LEAN Management, Six Sigma or other process / continual improvement tools.
- 7 years related experience, 3 of which must be in leading quality improvement/process improvement in an environment with a wide range of diverse professionals.
- Experience in the health sector or service sector is desirable.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations, patient safety, liability, standards and regulations.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Ability to link practice realities with standards and regulations.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter (quoting the reference) and CV including full contact details of 3 referees by 17th August 2016 to:
Head, Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 Nairobi – 00100