Job Summary: As a Network Engineer you will be primarily responsible for maintaining, upgrading and developing multiservice network infrastructure and implementing changes in response to user requests and project work.
You will be required to be a mentor to less experienced staff and deal with escalated issues from other members of the team and other departments.
- Diagnose and resolve faults on the network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, bandwidth managers and cache appliances
- Ensure the core network performance and availability is within the stipulated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Produce network designs to meet tactical and commercial expectations
- Ensure key network performance parameters are monitored by the NOC and propose improvements in monitoring to accurately measure the overall performance of the network
- Liaise with third-party vendors in the resolution of network equipment faults
- Handle second or third level escalations from the NOC or from other team members
- Identify operational problems and contribute to their resolution
- Act as the technical lead for projects in the IP network
- Liaise with OSS and BSS teams to ensure these tools interact optimally with the IP network
- At least 5-6 years’ experience in a technical role, including 3 years spent in a Service Provider environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Engineering, Telecoms or related field
- Must hold Cisco CCNP or Juniper JNCIP certification
- Advanced knowledge of BGP, MPLS (L2 and L3 VPNs), ISIS and OSPF both in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Knowledge of optical transmission systems (SDH, OTN, Metro Ethernet), wireless, WIMAX and Satellite systems
- Knowledge of shell or perl scripting.
- Proficient with Network tools such as Solarwinds, Cacti, Cricket, Smokeping, etc
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience in leading a project team
How to Apply