Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Associate Learning Designer
Function: Network Office
Reports To: Director of Academics
The Nova Way
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
- Supporting the Learning Designer and Master Designer in creating the day by day plan for the curriculum
- Designing schemes of work with coaching and support
- Helping to identify the themes and big ideas for each subject they are helping to design
- Infusing National Curriculum from textbooks and outside text into lessons
- Creating all materials for each lesson plan
- Creating offline and online content when applicable for lessons
- Researches the most effective types of assessments
- Designing assessments and creating rubrics for assessments.
- Receiving professional development on the Nova Model of Learning Design, integrated curriculum design, STEM, PBL
- You have 2+ years of teaching experience in a rigorous, high-expectations setting
- You have distinctive experience and interest in math, technology (e.g., coding) and/or the sciences
- You have a track record of developing creative and rigorous curriculum that has led to distinctive learning outcomes and can demonstrate this through example products and references
- You have a desire to further develop your curriculum development skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
- You have strong writing skills and are able to use those to create lessons that will help people learn it while being engaged and interested
- You are driven by data and can use data from student assessments to strengthen lessons and spiral in key skills
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.