Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Procurement Consultant
You will perform the above mentioned responsibilities for both our Ondiri and Tatu City campuses.
Report To: Director of Operations
The Nova Way
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: We share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
- Develop a Procurement Plan and corresponding procurement and purchasing strategies in line with the goals and objectives of the institution.
- Establish procurement processes and systems
- Develop the procurement manual to be implemented across the organization
- Identify the procurement needs of the organization by department and develop a procurement plan to ensure that good/services are bought:
- At the right price
- Of the right quality and standards with specifications that meet user needs
- From the right suppliers
- In the right quantity, and
- Delivered at the right time
- Oversee the entire procurement process across, ensuring that all the relevant documentation is submitted to the Finance Department for review and payment
- Oversee the preparation of purchase orders and requisition requests and ensure are compliant with Nova policies and procedures
- Develop contract templates for use with the various vendors
- Develop a dispute resolution policy for Nova and ensure that any grievances pertaining to vendor contracts are addressed during your consultancy
- Develop a robust supplier database will all the necessary corresponding documentation e.g. copies of operational licenses, PIN, VAT certificates etc and effectively and efficiently manage the database.
- Developing training manuals to be used for induction/orientation in order to enhance strong adherence to policy within Nova to ensure smooth coordination of the institution’s operations.
- Preparing weekly reports for discussion with the Director of Operations
- Attend weekly meetings with the Director of Operations to enhance coordination.
- Professional: You must have previous exposure to assignments of this nature that have exposed you to the end to end development of a Procurement Department, Systems and Processes
- Honesty/Integrity: You have a previous record of integrity and can be trusted with all the purchasing needs of the institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement from an accredited university.
- Between 5 to 7 years experience
- Energetic and passionate about procurement, creative and innovative in cost-cutting measures that deliver the prescribed quality and standards
- A top performer with a strong academic background
- Adept at using the most recent procurement systems
- Previous experience on managing large-size projects is an added advantage.
- Previous experience with international procurement
Then CLICK HERE to apply online
If you are a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately