Role Purpose: The Database & Storage Administrator is to support & maintain corporate databases, storage and backup systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Creating primary database storage structures (table spaces) and primary objects (tables, views, indexes) after applications developers have designed an application.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Ensuring compliance with your Oracle/ Microsoft agreement.
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information.
- Patch Management and Version control.
- Maintaining archived data on tape or EMC Data Domain Backup system.
- Backing up and restoring the database.
- Contribute to the production, review and maintenance of storage systems.
- Take part in compliance activities including audit, DR, vulnerability/patch management as well as contribute to the implementation of improvements and enhancements on the storage and backup systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field or relevant work experience.
- Certified Oracle Professional – OCP.
- Trained as HP3PAR Storage Administrator or similar storage technology eg. Netapp, EMC, etc.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA).
- More than 5 Years’ Experience on Database and Storage Administration & Performance Tuning.
- Storage skills like Hitachi, IBM Storage along with the Primary skill of HP3PAR Storage will be an added advantage.
- Ability to install Oracle 10g/11g Database Installation and Administration on Windows, HP-UX 11i, Sun Solaris, Linux.
- Knowledge of Database from storage point of view.
- Multiskilled season IT person on Database and storage administration.
- Knowledge of Database from Storage point of view.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Leadership and team building.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 11th September 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.