PKF Eastern Africa seeks to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Business Development Manager.
The job holder will report to the Managing Director, PKF Consulting Ltd and will be responsible to oversee activities in the Marketing and Business Development department, market and promote ICT Consultancy services to clients while ensuring development, refinement and review of the same.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows;
I. Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulation, development and review of marketing policies and strategies that optimize sales of company services.
- Conduct Market surveys and research for existing and new business
- Meeting marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop concept papers, proposals, reports and expression of interest to support new product and business growth and development.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up
- Communicate new ICT product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events
- Take part in customer feedback surveys and work out ways to garner higher profits;
- Conduct periodic reviews of the performance of the company’s products.
- Develop and implement a corporate public relations and communications strategy for the company.
II. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute marketing plans, and programs both short and long term to ensure market share growth
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned
- Take part in sales meetings and present reports about the sales and marketing figures
- Prepare and present to the Management regular sales and marketing status reports as required.
- Participate in development of pricing strategies based on financial aspects of product development, including the product’s budgets, expenditure, research and development.
- Undertake periodic analysis of business performance and table marketing reports for the Management, and assist in formulating and coordinating marketing activities and policies to promote products and services.
- Monitor competing products and services in the market and advice for necessary action.
III. Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas:
Key Result Areas:
The job holder’s accountability areas are as follows
- Improved standards of customer service
- Achievement of sales targets
- Increased awareness of ICT products and services
- Successful promotion of business strategy
- Effective operational cost control of the department’s financial resources
- Successful implementation of quality control standards for services offered by the department
- Effective supervision of employees assigned to the department
- Maximization of productivity in the department
- Continuous process improvement of services offered by the department
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related qualification; Master’s degree in related qualification will be an added advantage,
- Postgraduate Diploma in CIM or equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience, with minimum of 3 years of managerial experience.
- Strong selling and negotiating skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Should have strong analytical skills and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethics
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management and leadership skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th August, 2016.
Applicants are encouraged to view detailed job description HERE