Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Africa Regional Office
Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) is the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA). PPFA is an international non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Africa Regional Office of PP Global seeks to recruit a Program Officer for Service Delivery with a bias for clinical quality assurance to be based in Kisumu Kenya.
The officer will provide technical support and manage grants to partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with partners to develop project implementation plans and budgets.
- Work with partners to identify and address technical assistance needs to ensure programmatic, organizational and financial strengthening.
- Coordinate with PP Global staff, national and international consultants and agencies to provide specialized training and technical assistance to partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and partners
- Work with PP Global regional and headquarters staff on country, regional and division level M&E activities and support partners to develop and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results and collaborate with others in proposal and report writing.
- Serve as a technical lead in clinical quality assurance of sexual and reproductive health services, and work with other technical leads in Kenya and other PP Global Africa focus countries, to provide guidance and support other program officers and projects.
- Write abstracts and articles for publication and conference presentation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field and a minimum of five years of experience as a practicing clinical officer or nurse preferably in a sexual and reproductive health.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; data management and analysis applications; and electronic literature search.
- Strong knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, particularly demand creation for services and service delivery.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills; and cultural sensitivity is imperative.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35% of time.
How to Apply
Please send your application cover letter which should include information about salary history, curriculum vitae with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th September 2016 with the title of the position for which you are applying as the Email Subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Planned Parenthood Global is an equal opportunity employer.