Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Chief Operations Officer
Position Function: The job holder deputizes the Managing Director and is responsible for providing leadership to business, strategy, quality management, marketing, sales, business development, ICT, credit, risk management functions while ensuring provision of quality customer service in liaison with business partners and franchise holders in financial services.
- Develop and the Bank’s business and ensure profitable operations.
- Spearhead business growth initiatives while leveraging on technology.
- Develop and continuously review Bank’s policies and procedures ensuring strong internal controls without stifling the business.
- Appraise the business performance to ensure all activities are profitable and meet set objectives.
- Ensure optimal utilization of Bank’s resources including ICT systems.
- Organize, control and direct the functions of Banking, ICT, Strategy, Marketing, Business Development and Credit.
- Develop and review the Bank’s strategic plan, and monitor implementation of the planned activities
- Continuously appraise technological developments and identify innovations that will drive business.
- Develop and document the Bank’s strategic plan, risk and business continuity plans and ensure effective execution
- Ensuring continuous improvement in customer and other support services
- Deputize the Managing Director.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Studies, Economics, Banking or relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Banking or relevant field.
- Diploma in Banking, Project Management and Membership to Kenya Institute of Bankers will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with at least 3 years at Senior Managerial level.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- High level of Interpersonal skills
- Should demonstrate a high degree of relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street.
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified