national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Position Function: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Company Secretary/ Head of Legal and Procurement is responsible for giving legal advice to the Board and Management, managing the supply chain function and providing Security and Investigation services.
- Provide legal advice to the Board and Management of the Bank and coordinate all legal matters with the external lawyers.
- Manage the supply chain function in the Bank through procurement of goods, works and services in line with company objectives and relevant legislation and procurement regulations.
- Provide security and investigation services geared towards eliminating loss of the Bank’s resources.
- Prepare legal document such as contracts, leases, and have them executed on a timely basis.
- Organize, control and direct the functions of the Department
- Organize Board meetings and coordinate Board issues.
- Provide secretarial services to the Board.
- Develop budgets for the function and operate within them.
- Evaluate all legal risks and ensure they are mitigated.
- Ensure the Bank adheres to statutory requirements in all its operations.
- Facilitate supplier selection, management and tendering processes.
- Formulate and implement sound prevention and investigations policies and procedures towards eliminating loss of Bank resources.
- Trustee and Trust Secretary of the Pension Schemes of the Bank coordinating shareholder and Trustee meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB)
- Master’s degree in Law or Strategic Management or any other field
- Practicing Certificate with Law Society
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya with good standing
- Diploma in Law
- Member of Law Society of Kenya
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 year experience at managerial level
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Good Communication and Managerial skills
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified