- Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force.
- Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the Business Development as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products.
- The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests during site visits, product demonstrations and farm shows/ conferences.
- Works with Business Development to identify and qualify new accounts and services accounts by training operators and tracking maintenance and service schedule and events.
- Determines improvements by analysing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Assists in recruitment, hiring, training and management of Technician staff
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports when requested by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; recommending options and courses of action.
- Able to respond to technical elements in written proposals.
- Able to travel to all unit sites and to headquarters.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering and minimum 3 years professional experience
- Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Informing Product Development, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Fluent in Swahili
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2331”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2331, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th August 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.