Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work in our ICT4D Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing specifications, designing, building (developing), testing and implementing (installing a program into production) programs.
- Breaking down program specifications into their simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language.
- Preparing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Conceptualizing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtaining and licensing software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Protecting operations by keeping information confidential.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Attend industry events/ conference – both attending and presenting.
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, IT or any other related field
- Knowledge and skills required
- Experience in software engineering, development and cross platform/devices integration.
- Excellent knowledge in LBS (Location Based Systems).
- Excellent mobile development skills.
- Excellent web development skills.
- Excellent database development skills.
- Vast knowledge in the software engineering and development domain.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th September 2016.
Please use the job title as the subject of your application email.