Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the leading Development Financial Institution (DFI) providing affordable and accessible financial facilities and advisory services to the Tourism industry.
TFC’s mission is to develop and diversify Kenya’s Tourism industry by providing a range of advisory and financial services to investors in tourism related enterprises.
The Corporation is seeking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Officer will provide support services and supply working tools to enable departments to function effectively and efficiently.
- Assist the Head of Procurement in the development and management of effective procurement processes.
- Participate in procurement process as shall be assigned from time to time.
- Develop and maintain relevant data base on suitable and available sources of goods, works and services.
- Liaise with suppliers of goods and services for timely delivery.
- Follow up on procurement matters with relevant stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Assist in the preparation of procurement and disposal plans.
- Assist in the establishment of strategic relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Preparation of mandatory procurement reports.
- Carry out periodic Market surveys
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- University degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Business Administration or Economics or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Graduate / Professional Diploma in CIPS/KNEC or its equivalent in purchasing and supply qualifications such as CIPS or equivalent
- Current Membership of a professional body such as KISM, CIPS or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015, various Regulations, Circulars and Manuals.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in Procurement.
- Knowledge of MS Office and ERP applications.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents:
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance for Ethics and Anti-Corruption and commission
- Report form an approved Credit Reference Bureau
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications/competencies and skills, a detailed and updated CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, details and contacts of three professional referees, as well as current and expected remuneration to reach the undersigned by 10th September, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tourism Finance Corporation
Utalii House, 11th Floor
P.O. Box 42013, 00100
TFC is an equal opportunity employer