The USAID Food Security Service Center (FSSC) is a five-year project managed by Social Impact.
It was launched in October 2013 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Food Security (BFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to FTF Missions, USAID/Washington, other USG operating units, and host country counterparts.
Specific services include: state-of-the-art food security support services with a focus on program and project design and management, expert analyses, capacity building; and bridging support and/or developing small scale pilots.
FSSC seeks a Senior Agricultural Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Oversee subsequent program design for regional economic projects.
- Provide technical leadership to the USAID regional mission on agriculture inputs including fertilizer and seeds.
- Serve as primary subject matter expert on East African regional economic integration.
- Cultivate, manage and monitor strategic partnerships with COMESA, and other Regional Economic Communities and Regional Trade Associations.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in agriculture or a related field, possessing at least 10 years of experience working in an agriculture-related development field; five of which will have been working with agriculture inputs at the mid-level of responsibility required.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, especially for agriculture activities.
- Experience in the USAID activity lifecycle, including procurement and regional program design.
- Demonstrated experience in agricultural inputs and rural livelihoods. Experience in Africa.
- Experience with seed and fertilizer inputs, value chains and agricultural policy. Feed the Future program experience.
- Familiarity with COMESA and other regional economic communities.
- Excellent analytical and written and oral communication skills.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.