Job Summary: We are looking for an AP/Payroll Accountant to join our accounting team! Reporting to the CFO, this position performs routine, straightforward, standardised duties of limited to moderate complexity.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritizes invoices for payment by due date/discount date and processes for payment accordingly.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable cheques.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Processes approved vendor payments in SAP
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, corporate accounts payable files, and multiple tracking spreadsheets.
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of vendor remittance information.
- Answers vendor inquiries and researches vendor account discrepancies.
- Maintains the AP files.
- Assists monthly closings by drafting various journal entries and working with Controller to meet necessary deadlines.
- Process all vendor requests to be added to system by Controller.
- Calculate, process payment, and file monthly Statutory taxes & VAT on a timely basis.
- Maintains records of all internally submitted purchase orders, matches to invoices, and advises of deviation from procedure.
- Prepares year-end analysis of accounts, and provides vendor account activities upon request.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Enters all payroll data for monthly payroll processing.
- Organises and maintains complete payroll records.
- Maintain and update employee incentive spreadsheets.
- Other payroll related duties as necessary.
- Two years’ experience in a busy accounting field.
- CPA part 2
- Analytical skills
- Must have experience in spread sheets.
- Prior experience in payroll processing is preferred.
- Prior experience in SAP is an added advantage.
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2446”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2446, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th October 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.