The Administration Assistant’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure that all air tickets are requisitioned and delivered within time as per requests.
- Communicate reservation information and send air tickets to the travellers in a timely manner.
- In-charge of requisitioning and overseeing the setting up of partners’ lunch on alternate Mondays.
- Prepare and send out LPOs as appropriate.
- Advise travellers on flight changes etc.
- Keep a good filing system for all the travel and approvals, codes and tickets purchased to ensure smooth reconciliation
- Carry out weekly reconciliation of tickets purchased with credit account balance to ensure adequate float at all times.
- Monthly reconciliation of tickets purchased with the credit account statements.
- Advice travellers on visa requirements which includes but not limited valid passport, confirmation of invitation, travel insurance yellow fever and polio vaccination etc.
- Provide travel advisory for different countries.
- Deal with complaints and refunds appropriately.
- Prepare and circulate the staff daily travel itinerary report for the people security purposes.
- Maintain all travel records.
- Sort out the travel agents invoices, get approval to pay and forward to Finance in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the reception area is manned at all times between 7.30am and 6pm.
- Receive clients and visitors and notify relevant department/staff members in a timely manner.
- Effectively handle client queries at the reception and channel these to the relevant department/staff.
- Ensure that the reception area is kept tidy at all times and that relevant publications are available at the reception.
- Receive and record incoming hand deliveries, sign for them, and place in trays for dispatch by internal messengers.
- Hold letters, cheques and other documents for collection by clients and suppliers.
- Any other administrative tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- Must be a holder of at least a Diploma in public relations, business administration, customer service or any other related field;
- A diploma in tours and travel is an added advantage;
- A minimum of C+ (plus) mean grade in KCSE;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in front office or customer care or tours and travel role in a large organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner; and
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
The position is for a contract of three months.
Salary negotiable during the interview.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15/9/2016