The HR Manager will be responsible for providing an effective strategic and operational Human Resources function to the Aga Khan Academy.
HR Governance and Policy Formulation
- Review, develop and implement key HR policies, procedures and processes on a regular basis, ensuring compliance with the labor law framework and alignment with the strategic vision of the Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa. Manage the immigration and work permit process, ensuring that all the necessary documentation is completed and retained, providing clear communication to all staff on the status of their applications in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and managing the human resource records to ensure that both the physical and electronic systems are kept up to date in a regular and timely manner and comply with legal and the data protection requirements. This includes sickness, absence, training and development records, annual appraisals.
- Providing regular advice to the Senior Leadership Team on any changes to the labor law that may have an impact upon the day to day running of the Academy.
- To work in partnership with the Finance function and ensure regular risk audits and assessments are completed and any recommendations are implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to the Senior Leadership Team on any employee relation matters, and ensure that they are managed within the agreed framework and spirit of the institution;
- Manage and oversee all investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters effectively and within the agreed framework and spirit of the institution.
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership teams support the collective bargaining process and negotiations for all union based staff.
- Provide full support to staff on any matters relating to their welfare and wellbeing at the Academy.
- Provide support and leadership in the resourcing of staff to the Academy, ensuring that all the processes and procedures are implemented and adhered. Provide training to Hiring Managers as and when required to ensure that they are fully equipped for any resourcing strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of the Induction and Orientation Progarmme for all news staff.
- Conduct exit interviews for all staff, and ensure that the key general messages and themes from the interview are shared regularly with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide regular HR metrics and analytics to the Senior Leadership Team to assess how the academy is tracking against its strategic plan, and to identify any areas that would require further investigation and attention.
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, ensure that the annual appraisals and objective setting processes are implemented, and where appropriate identify training strategies to support the agreed development of the staff.
- As a member of the Aga Khan Development Network and the Aga Khan Academies, provide support on any HR matters that may impact the network, as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.• Membership or actively working towards accreditation and qualification of the Institute of Human Resource Management Kenya (IHRM)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working within Human Resources, with at least 5 years either as a an Assistant or Human Resources Manager
- Good working knowledge and management of work permits, collective bargaining agreements, negotiations and all associated legal and labour law requirements for Kenya.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of core Human Resource areas and processes; for example recruitment, employee relations, disciplinary and grievances, training and development, compensation and benefits and HR analysis and metrics.
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong proficiency in the area of HR analysis and metrics, providing regular HR reports to Senior Management to support the decision-making and review process.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English High level of resilience and working to tight timelines and managing multiple priorities
- The ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of staff
- Strong level of empathy and tolerance.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Draft and implement core HR policies and processes
- Managing Human Resource within an educational setting
- Project Management
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to submit a letter describing their background, the basis of their interest and their qualifications, along with a current resume or CV.
Salary: Salary and package to attract the best candidate