Aga Khan University Hospital
Director Projects & Operations
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Introduction: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director Projects and Operations will be responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the hospital.
S/he will ensure integration of the strategic plan of the organization with the operations as well as providing management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated clinical programs within the hospital as well as ensuring efficient services designed to meet the needs of the patients, physicians, the public and staff, focusing on systems.
- Participating in the development of the overall strategic plan for the institution and day to day operations of the hospital
- Overseeing the strategic and operational aspects of the hospital operations
- Assisting the Chief Operating Officer in overseeing the facilities and plant management function
- Working with the respective Managers to create and implement appropriate professional practice structures with appropriate monitoring indicators to provide oversight of allied health
- Ensuring all the medical and other equipment in the institution are in good working conditions at all times
- Assisting in the goal setting process for the allied and facilities management divisions
- Ensure the implementation of the goals to realise the institutions vision
- Developing functional teams that are well equipped to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Participating in the various committees as appropriate
- Assisting in the development and management of Institutional projects including construction and renovation
- Masters’ in Business Administration or equivalent
- Exemplary leadership abilities to lead teams, coach and mentor individuals and develop high performing teams
- 3 years’ experience in a JCIA accredited hospital
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to plan and execute mandate according to the strategic vision, mission and values of the institution
- Demonstrated financial acumen with ability to manage costs and revenues
- Demonstrated skills in planning, project management and problem solving
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to
the Manager, Recruitment,
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi.
P. O. Box 30270-00100,
or by email to email@example.com.
Applications by email are preferred.
Please indicate the title of the position on your application.
Applications should be submitted latest by September 14, 2016