Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of PMTCT Advisor
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Director this role is responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of PMTCT activities within CHS-supported facilities in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Providing on-going technical support for the PMTCT programs.
- Overseeing the training of health care workers at supported facilities on National PMTCT, HIV exposed Infants Cohorts Analysis standards and protocols.
- Oversee the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems for PMTCT.
- Liaise with MoH and partners to support delivery of PMTCT services as needed
- Participate in the PMTCT technical working group in the Ministry of Health’s National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP)
- Oversee the planning and implementation of cervical cancer screening services at supported facilities
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Trainer of Trainers in PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis
- More than five years’ experience in the implementation of PMTCT activities
- Experience in training and mentorship of health care workers on PMTCT
- Proficiency on Ms Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with staff and partners
- Experience in design of programs
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification