Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Technical Advisor – TB/HIV
Location: Siaya County, Kenya
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Director, this role is responsible for providing technical assistance in the design; implementation and evaluation of all TB/HIV activities within CHS-supported programs under the SHINDA project.
- Providing technical support at national, regional and facility level and for the establishment and strengthening of TB/HIV activities at all CHS-supported facilities in coordination with the National Tuberculosis, Leprosy, and Lung Diseases Program (NTLD-Program),the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), County Departments of Health and the Ministry of Health (MoH), as well as the capacity of health workers
- Participate in preparation of TB/HIV technical papers
- Training and mentorship of health care providers in TB/HIV co-management
- Providing technical assistance on TB/HIV to CHS officers and health care providers
- Strengthening referral linkages between TB Clinic and Comprehensive care clinics at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of TB infection control at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of IPT use at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of surveillance and management of drug-resistant TB infection control at CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthening implementation of implement Provider-initiated Testing and Counselling (PITC) of TB patients at CHS-supported facilities
- Providing on-going supervision of TB/HIV activities
- Take part in drafting CHS quarterly and annual reports and other written materials such as lessons learned, case studies and other materials as require
- Contributing in designing, planning and implementation of research related to TB/HIV
- Coordinate TB quality improvement strategies and processes in the Ministry of Health facilities supported by CHS
- A clinical officer with seven years’ experience in clinical and program work will be considered
- A master’s degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Systems or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years working experience in development programs with significant TA experience in public health programs; HIV/AIDS program experience preferred
- Working experience in donor-funded public health program is an added advantage
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships with project staff, donors, sub-contractors and other partners
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification