Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Sub County Mobilisation Officer – VMMC
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: The Sub County Mobilisation Officer will be responsible to mobilise the community within his/her Sub County through existing networks, disseminate appropriate IEC materials and refer clients for VMMC.
S/he will report to the VMMC Community Mobilisation Advisor.
- Perform demand creation activities for VMMC in assigned Sub County
- Refer clients for VMMC from community to facility
- Coordinate Peer Educators’ activities related to VMMC promotion and referral
- Work with MoH and other stakeholders on mobilisation for VMMC
- Represent CHS at Sub County VMMC mobilisation meetings
- Ensure IECs material for VMMC demand creation are available and distributed
- Prepare periodic and timely reports on the Sub County social mobilisation activities
- Diploma in Community Health, Social Work, Community Development or related qualification.
- Possess demonstrable experience in community mobilisation
- Trained and certified on VMMC Community Mobilisation
- Have at least one years’ experience in VMMC work
- Demonstrate awareness of guidelines and standard operating protocols and community norms and standards
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification