Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Technical Advisor – VMMC
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: The VMMC Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership, management and supervision of all VMMC activities in CHS-supported facilities under the SHINDA project.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of VMMC program in Siaya County
- Provide programmatic and technical oversight for the implementation of VMMC activities
- Supervise staff involved in implementation of the VMMC program
- Coordinate procurement of VMMC equipment and consumables
- Provide relevant VMMC training to health care providers along with supportive supervision, and/or mentoring as necessary to ensure high quality service provision
- Work in collaboration with MoH to equip the SHINDA project with materials needed to perform large-scale VMMC services and to integrate an MoH-owned set of continuous quality improvement activities
- Lead annual work planning and prepare quarterly reports for the program
- Coordinate closely with the demand creation team to put together weekly, monthly, and quarterly plans for day-to-day and campaign activities that ensure a balance of supply and demand to meet targets.
- Ensure sufficient post-training supervision to ensure providers are competent in the VMMC procedure
- Represent CHS in meetings organised by the donor or MoH, technical working groups, and in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Document best practices on VMMC for lay and technical audiences
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Medical (MBCHB ) or Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health)
- At least five years’ experience in HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs, with a particular focus on VMMC preferred
- Experience conducting or supervising VMMC procedures
- Experience designing and/or implementing training programs for VMMC
- Knowledge of key VMMC quality-assured, evidenced-based best practices, trends and new devices
- Experience with donor-funded health projects
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification