To better serve our customers, we are on the lookout for highly motivated and results-oriented individuals who demonstrate initiative, good interpersonal and communications skills and most importantly, commitment in providing quality customer service.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Actively initiate & support new product development, roll-out and implementation. Originate, structure and close trade deals against customer opportunities sourced either jointly or directly.
- Develop and manage a trade deal pipeline using SFE tools, manage end to end deal conversion and ensure revenue momentum is sustained.
- Draw up weekly customer calling plan for trade customers to drive trade business. Negotiate key trade terms with clients/resolving issues between product and client and provide expert trade advisory services to customers.
- Monitor and drive customer approved trade credit facility utilization. Ensure the portfolio managed remains of good quality as per bank’s credit policy.
- Champion risk approvals for trade deals and provide risk management of trade portfolio and structured solutions to mitigate risk.
- Provide Relationship Managers & Customers continuous trade product knowledge through training, workshop and forums to maximize trade opportunity identification/solutions.
- Proactively manage new and existing trade clients ensuring increased output to grow bank’s share of wallet.
- Review trade product pricing periodically and do competitive and SWOT analysis.
- Drive overall client satisfaction and service benchmark of trade offering and build customer loyalty.
- Benchmark against world-class Trade finance providers and ensure that standards of the trade finance unit meet similar standards.
- Ensure that the processes, structures and systems required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed using SLA’s.
- Ensure complete and accurate customer charges database is in place and is known to all users.
- Continually drive and ensure consistent and superior client orientated culture and high quality service delivery to trade customers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years Trade Finance experience, 2 of which must be in trade sales function.
- Sound Trade Products knowledge with ability to package simple and complex trade transactions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP 600), Uniform Rules for Collection (URC 522), Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees (URDG 758) and International Standby Practices (ISP 598).
- Credit skills
- Ability to interact and negotiate with customers at a senior level.
- Customer focused & results orientated.
- Excellent verbal communication, written and presentation skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number PPTF/CIBD/2016 by 12th October, 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer.