Job Title: Senior Clerk of Works
Salary: 80K – 100K
Our client is a well established Country Club in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a Senior Clerk of Works who will lead the planning and execution of all construction works and maintenance projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors. Ensure the workers have their proper PPE’s and observe on-site health and safety standards
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Prepare and interpret drawing with coordination with architects
- Liaise with relevant authorities and in-charge of procurement for all construction related permits
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Ensure all projects are completed within the projected budgets and timelines
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering / Project Management / Construction related field. University degree ideal
- 3 years proven construction project management experience
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD / ArchiCAD or related construction management softwares
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Proven track record of completing projects successfully and working with and growing teams to solve specific challenges and accomplish task
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards related to construction
- Expert knowledge of building products , construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Membership of a professional association would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Senior Clerk of Works) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 4th October, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.