Position: Crop Protectionist
Duty Station: Mombasa County
A company in Mombasa is seeking a highly qualified and suitable candidate for the aforementioned position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work together with Plant Protection Specialist to arrange properly all activities related to the Plant Protection department.
- Performs proactive crop protection analysis and evaluation on a regular basis.
- Evaluates current farming practices and makes recommendations based on the results of the evaluation for maximum crop production
- Directs and coordinates worker activities related to chemical and fertilizer applications and record keeping.
- Consults with the appropriate manager to ensure clarity of intent and clarity of desired outcomes.
- Reads, interprets, and translates chemical labels to spray operators as needed.
- Monitors and oversees spray applications to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Coordinates growing activities with the appropriate departments to ensure clarity of intent and clarity of desired outcomes.
- Records information, such as farm management practices and production results.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Recommends machinery, equipment and supplies necessary to operate the farm spray program.
- Verifies operator knowledge of tasks and specifics of the operating and loading procedures.
- Provides appropriate training and education on the safe use and operation of equipment and spraying techniques. Ensures that each operator has appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Determines best customer source for chemicals, fertilizer, etc., based on knowledge and background in the industry.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- B. Sc in Agriculture having specialized in Crop protection, Plant Pathology and/or Entomology
- Ability to identify the scope of Agricultural Research Service in relation to crop protection
- At least two years experience
- Basic knowledge of Agriculture and its challenges in Kenya.
- Understanding of pests and diseases of plants
- Familiarity with agrochemicals, their kinds and trading styles in the country.
- Knowledge of report writing
- Strong oral and written communication skills and Computer Knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Able to work under pressure and as team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified individuals are invited to send their application along with detailed CV ONLY to email@example.com the Position as the Subject of the email.
Closing Date: 23rd Sept 2016 by 5.30pm