Position Title: HR / Admin Assistant
Location: Dadaab, Kenya
Reports to: Hierarchically to Field Coordinator and functionally to the HR/Admin Officer
General Position Summary: The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
Essential functions include [but are not limited to]:
- Respect the Kenya Labour Law and CVT Kenya staff policy when dealing with matters related to human resources.
- Management of personnel files: Open new personal files for each new staff. Ensure that all personnel files have all documents deemed important for each staff. Organize the employee personnel files into sections for easy retrieval of documents. Ensure HR cabinets are lockable and are safe to keep HR personal files. Organize the filing system by ensuring that all files are labeled, and old files are archived.
- Instrumental in providing technical and administrative support in recruitment activities including identifying vacancies, confirming specifications and availability of resources, drafting advertisements and liaising with the main HR office for the vacancies to be advertised
- Effectively participate in and coordinate the interview process as a panelist, recording minutes and ensuring that the selection process is comprehensively done and concluded as per CVT HR policies and guidelines and The Kenya Labour Law.
- Facilitate orientation and related on-boarding procedures for all new staff, plus continuously review and update the induction package to ensure it is up to date;
- Ensuring all departments carry out the performance management processes as scheduled, while providing technical support to the line managers and staff on the process/ tools.
- Prepare and update monthly staff contact Submit to Nairobi office as required.
- Prepare daily staff headcount report using information from staff movement, and staff headcounts and submit a report to FC on weekly basis.
- Examining employee performance records to identify areas where employees could improve through job skills training or employee development, such as seminars or workshops on leadership techniques. Advise management on staff professional development.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurances.
- Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety lead person.
- Open files for all staff Prepare and keep a log book for timesheets and daily working hours.
- In collaboration with the Nairobi HR/Admin Officer, Finance Officer and Finance Controller, follow up the performance of the medical service provider (insurance) for CVT Dadaab staff. Make recommendations on improvements to medical scheme. Coordinate with insurer on presentations related to the policy. Follow-up on refunds.
- Make sure each staff member understands the CVT Kenya Policy Manual and is aware of his/her rights and obligations related to the contract. Conduct information sessions of the policy before staff members sign contracts.
- Protect the confidentiality of personnel and individual information.
- Play a key role in conflict prevention, resolution and management and Record proceedings during disciplinary hearings
- Prepare a peaceful working atmosphere. Manage housekeeping and space planning.
- Assist the Nairobi HR/Admin Officer to make travel arrangements for staff and visitors on ECHO and UNHAS flights to and from Dadaab.
- Reviews leave applications, update the leave history as well as manage the leave schedule and prepare the schedule for R and R.
- Take lead in organizing official functions in identifying suitable venues and sampling appropriate services at competitive rates. Take lead in team building.
- Management of Communication system in the Dadaab project: Management and the distribution of communication to staff and other CVT locations as appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute any memo related to the Personnel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in Human Resource, Business management or a related qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience preferably in an international organization.
- Sound knowledge of Kenya Labour laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and establish and maintain collaborative relationships with project partners and staff. Must be highly organized
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Office packages & any HR management system
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Commitment to and understanding of CVT’s vision, mission and values.
- Good inter-personal skills; possess the ability to interact with all levels of staff as well as both internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work under tight deadlines.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and attached updated CV including Telephone contact and email of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.