Job Title: Regional Manager – East & Central Africa
Department: Products & Business Development
Reports To: Business Development & Solutions Delivery Manager
Summary and Mission: The International Business Development Manager will devise and lead the commercial activities in East & Central Africa, to deliver profitable growth.
Business development is as crucial as Technology in the company. As the Regional Manager- East & Central Africa, you will work to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
The incumbent will prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
The incumbent must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Regional Manager’s- East & Central Africa responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company via East and Central Africa regions, this requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions / services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors
The position will focus on lead generation and creating new business opportunities.
The incumbent will be responsible for the growth of existing International Accounts to +30% YOY through relationship-sales feedback dynamics.
- Excellent Networking Skills
- Excellent people-relations skills
- Expansion into large opportunities
- Highly Business centric and service oriented
- Fast-paced work environment
- Adept in critical thinking with a good understanding of business process, technology, systems and tools
The International Business Development Manager’s functions;
- Responsible for developing new client relationships and maintaining existing ones
- Assemble and analyze lead information.
- Monitor performance of current businesses as well as any new leads/customers.
- Develop pipeline of new business for territory and take full accountability for each step of the new business sales process from identifying prospects to quoting and writing account plans for the brand focused sales win.
- Researching competition and extracting constructive feedback on product suitability to feed into the Products and Technology teams with positive feedback for new innovation in order to grow sales.
- Identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the current client base and bring new business opportunities to the business through your extended external network
- Develops case studies on clients’ business(es)
- Identifying and communicating customer and market trends to enable the company anticipate and take advantage of market trends in a rapidly changing market
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to exceed the sales goals and objectives as it relates to existing business and new business for increased earnings and profitability. This includes assessing needs, trends, and growth opportunities.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions and negotiating and closing business deals
- Serve as a liaison between international Business Development and the Business units primarily on strategic matters and to ensure Business units’ support
- Provide a monthly and quarterly review of country based activities to inform and up-date Head Office decision making.
- Be alert to potential wider opportunities and be prepared to co-ordinate initiatives to raise the profile of the Institution and its services.
- Understand the Digital advertising landscape and company’s marketing processes, to ensure products meet the needs of all stakeholders.
Key Internal Liaison: Product Specialists, Client Services, Technology, Marketing & Corporate Communications
Educational Qualifications, Certifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent technical and business management experience required.
- A Business degree from one of the prestigious universities in the region, might be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in Digital/Mobile Advertising
- Over 5 years’ experience in the Sales process, contracting and experience in negotiating complex sales agreements in international markets
- Experience in International negotiation and customer relationships, research historical data utilize it for future proposals where appropriate.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally 50%
- Must have experience in a business-to-business market.
- Demonstrate ability to develop new business in territory
- Detailed understanding of target account selling
- Excellent communication skills with an entrepreneurial state of mind.
- Strong work ethic, with high energy, and positive attitude
- Clearly understands accountability to performance and results
- Time and territory management to include daily, weekly and quarterly communication
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills
- Passion for product, technology, and creating great customer experiences
- Deep understanding how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships and strategic investments while keeping focus on market share and revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of the technology and telecommunications competitive landscape in Africa
- Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business and market development initiatives from creation to implementation
If qualified kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Regional Manager- East & Central Africa’ on the subject line by 8th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.